Monday 3 December 2012

[Baking] Molten Chocolate Lava Cake

It's me and ❤'s 4th Monthsary and I decided to bake again since I've cancelled my job on Sat.
This time I decided to try making lava cake because it's my favourite! I saw recipe of lava cake on Openrice Singapore website and I triggered my interest and began to research on the best and easiest recipe.
Ever wonder how lava cakes are made? How the chocolate ooze out from the inner while the outer is like a perfect chocolate cake? Well, maybe after reading further your questions would be answered.
MOLTEN LAVA CAKE RECIPE - Adapted from HERE
Preparation Time: 15min
Baking Time: 30min
Total Time: 45min

Ingredient (A): (Melt)
Baking Chocolate - 100g (I used Van Houten's Baking Choco) 
Unsalted Butter - 100g (UNSALTED AH, DON'T GEK KIANG USE SALTED ONE)

Ingredient (B): (Mix)
Eggs - 2
Caster Sugar - 50g

Ingredient (C):
Self-raising Flour - 20g

Optional: Deco
Icing Sugar
Strawberry
Ice-cream

This Serves Up to 4Pax.

Step 1: Melt the Chocolate and Butter 
Melt it in a bowl using microwave, double boiler, water bath but do not try to melt it over heat because it'll get burnt easily, and it's going to waste money and your time cleaning up.
I melted mine using microwave for around 10minutes or so.
Step 2: Whisk up Ingredient (B)
In the meanwhile, use an electric whisk, or by hand to beat the Eggs and Sugar till the mixture turns pale and frothy. Sadly I've no electric whisk so I've to beat it manually and I looks like this, not bad right.
Step 3: Mix Ingredient (A) + (B) + (C)
Mix your melted Butter & Chocolate, whisked Egg and Sugar, together with Flour. Mix it well till it become thick liquid.
Step 4: Grease your Ramekins w Butter
Grease it well with butter to prevent sticking
 
Step 5: Fill The Ramekins 3/4 Full & Bake It
It will raise a little when baked as there is self raising flour in it, therefore don't fill it to the brim.
Baked it in a preheated oven of 180C (356F) for about 10 minutes.
 
Step 6: Decorate it ~
Sprinkle some sugar, deco with some strawberry or even top up your favourite ice-cream and TADAH, this wonderful little creation is done!
Something to take note of:
Do not over-bake it if you want to see chocolate oozing out from the inner, try to keep it at 10minutes. If not it will turn out to be a super moist chocolate cake instead of lava cake. But either way both tasted nice! I tried two batch, one turned out to be great while another over-baked and the inner turns out to be moist without oozing chocolates ): So be real careful.

For more inquiries, feel free to ask me about it through my email or comment box!
I would be more than willing to answer your questions regarding baking.
If y'all got any awesome recipe, do share with me too!
xoxo (:

No comments:

Post a Comment