Sunday 25 November 2012

[REVIEW] NOOK - D.I.Y House of Pancakes

 NOOK is Singapore's very first D.I.Y concept for pancakes! Having their own tagline of:
"Be a Pancake stylist at Nook.
Create your own Pancake art."
They are able to capture customers with their innovative and yet interactive concept of designing their own pancakes. Instead of having the old school kind of round pancake, you're free to design any picture, shapes you like! Everyone can design and create their pancakes with the myriad of toppings and sides available, with only the freshest ingredients.
HOW FUN CAN THAT BE?!

I went to NOOK along with Cherie & my niece because I've managed to grab their student offer on Facebook. The offer I gotten entitles me & my friends for Eat-All-You-Can NOOK Pancakes Buffet with unlimited topping with just $10!
It's seriously an awesome deal, because normally pancakes and two toppings would cost around $25 for two person, and now we can get unlimited topping with just $10.
The place is considered somewhere I would hang around, but I still took me sometime to find it because it's located quite inside of the alley. & we're like the only customers for the day at 3pm, maybe because it's weekday. After settling down and ordered drinks it's time to CHIONG AHZXZXZXZXZXZ!

It's all our first time experiencing D.I.Y Pancakes, and we're super duper excited, not knowing how to do what to do. I've seen many nice designs created by other customers but somehow rather my creative brain juice seems to die out when we stepped in.
Look at some of the awesome designs done by others!
And then you look at us, my 'best' masterpiece. Look at the amount that was ruined, had some difficulties stuffing everything down. & also our 9-layered pancakes with toppings! (:
I was thinking how the hell people do until so nice while mine is like crap ._.WHY?!
I think we've bad control over the fire, sometimes too big sometimes too small, cannot just nice one!
 I forgot to mention they actually have different flavours batter and that explains the colorful pancakes we are having.
In fact it's not just all, they have even more stuffs in their menu where you can take a look and try it out, including their toast and omelette

PANCAKE BATTER FLAVOURS
Original Buttermilk (Natural)
Asian Pandan (Green)
Dark Chocolate (Dark Brown)
Funky Banana (Yellow)
Strawberry Farm (Pink)

SWEET TOPPINGS
Apple Sliders • Banana Slices • Blueberries • Caramelized Apples • Cheddar Cheese Chocolate Chips Cream Cheese Granola • Chocolate Sauce • M&M’s
Mini Marshmallows • Oreo Chunks • Peach Slices • Peanut Butter Pecans
Rainbow Sprinkles • Snicker’s Pieces • Strawberries • Strawberry Compote • Walnuts  Ice Cream

ADDITIONAL SIDES
Bacon Slices • Caramelized Onions • Country Potatoes • Eggs (Scrambled/Sunny sideup) Gourmet Sausage• Grilled Tomatoes • Hash Brown Honey Baked Ham • Mash Potato Red Beans • Sauteed Mushrooms • Smoked Salmon • Spinach

Even though it's just 3 hours, but we have plenty fun right here! To be honest, I think designing is quite fun but the end of the day we wasted quite alot of batter because we play so much but we eat so little. Look at us cam-whoring (This is less than half amount of photo we took, some were too unglam that Cherie refuse to upload ):) & our wastage of food.
Ending the post with the happiest girl of the day - Cherie <3 & US!

Nook - D.I.Y House of Pancake
Bukit Timah, 21 Lorong Kilat #01-03 Singapore 598123
Operating Hours:
Tuesday to Friday, 12pm - 10pm
Saturday, 10am - 10pm
Sunday, 10am - 7pm

Nearest MRTs: Clementi or Bukit Batok
Take 52, 184 or 173 from Clementi MRT .
Take 61, 66, 77, 157, 174 from Bukit Batok MRT
Visit NOOK or their Facebook for more info or updates! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment